Friday, March 16, 2007

SQL Server Full Text Search service running problem in Windows Vista

I use Windows Vista Business with all features turned on. When I installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition, I found Full Text Search service can't start itself. I tried running it from Management Console -> Services. It still fails with message: "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

So, what I did to remove the dependencies:

  • Opened Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
  • Went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msftesql$SQLSERVER
  • Removed the contents (Data) of DependOnService key
  • Rebooted. Now works fine.

I wasn't sure what particular dependencies were culprit, so I removed all and it works fine. Another thing to remember when you'll see any correct FullText SQL isn't working, check if the FullText service is running smoothly

No comments: